Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Can Just Hear Brian's Side of the Story

Warning: This post has not be censored.

Tye spent the weekend at the farm again while I took Rachel graduation dress shopping. He is by far more of a farmboy than his daddy, who would have rather stayed inside and watched t.v. or read books instead of being out on the farm. Brian used to always tell about how hard his parents made him work, and how awful it was to clean out the barn. I'm sure he walked uphill 5 miles to school both ways also!

So I met Denise in Bethany yesterday afternoon. (Yes, I let Tye skip school, justified by the fact that I will do anything I need to do for Tye to be a part of his dad's side of the family).  I got out of the van and into her car just to chat. I said, so what did you do on Saturday?

His response...we used a pitchfork to clean the shit out of the barn.  And he just beamed! Just like his dad would have reacted. Not at all like his father would have done.

After Denise and I regained our composure, I reminded him that what happens in Vegas on the farm, stays on the farm.  He remembers this rule from a few years ago, after he told me about "getting the hot stuff out of a cow's butt", and our discussion about how his teacher would NOT like to hear about this at school.  He then started talking about a cow having a baby, and I am not even going to repeat can't remember what he said about it.  We had our little Farm Talk talk, and reviewed the rules of being a farmer. I guess I have somehow incinuated that it means you get to cuss while you are ON the farm, as long as your teacher doesn't find out!

I said...well, your dad HATED to clean out the barn. Tye replied...no he didn't, Papa said he LOVED it!  Oh, the sarcasm is lost on this kid who could care less that his boots have poop on them and would spend every waking minute checking cows, mending fence, feeding calves, bailing hay...whatever the farmlife entails, he wants to be a part of it. Oh, the irony!

No comments: